Friday, January 29, 2010

At January's End

Alright, the beginning of 2010 could have gotten a little smoother... For some odd reason, I had trouble sleeping for a week. Hey, it happens, no big deal. But then, I learned that one of my co-workers had found another job. I was worried that I would have a heavier workload, and, for a few reasons, was unable to discuss it with my Team Lead for about a week. So lack of sleep caused my stress level to shoot up higher, and the more I thought about it, the more stressed I got. At the end of that week, I was ready to burst. Thankfully, I spoke to my Team Lead and I was worried for nothing as my workload will not change. I have since been able to recover on sleep, but I am still tending my frayed nerves.

On the plus side though, I took a long weekend to rest up a bit, and decided to blitz the remainder of chapter 3 from my book and get somewhere. So, I did. My head was telling me to stop, but my stubborness told it to suck it up and keep on working. And although it went against my sleep recovery plans (I ended up going to bed a little after midnight), I went to bed with a sense of pride.

So now, after a roller coaster of emotions, I get ready to bid farewell to January, greet the new month, start a new chapter of my book, take care of myself, and work on keeping a positive outlook.

Keep on smiling, everyone! And take care!

Edit: Before calling it quits for the night, I also finally tinkered with my blog, added my friend's blogs in the sidebar and removed those borders around the posts (oh dotted borders, how I loathed thee). About me will come soon!

1 comment: