Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Why The Name?

Ah, yes. How motivational this name is. "Lazy" isn't exactly the best term to use when trying to achieve things, but is it true. I am lazy. But that doesn't have to be set in stone either.

I've been reading up on motivation. Steve Chandler has this wonderful book "100 Ways To Motivate Yourself". I found it amazing and very inspiring. But sometimes, it is still hard to apply some of those concepts in real life. Changing yourself, your habits, is always hard. So I am on a quest to try to keep myself motivated to keep on trying to achieve my dream. Even if I work at it a little bit at a time, little progress is better than no progress. And if I can work on my motivation as well, hopefully a little progress every day will turn into more progress every day.

So, back to the name. Yes, being lazy is kind of counter-productive, however this blog is another attempt to work at it. I've thought of this blog while trying to motivate myself to read my PHP book I bought not too long ago. I would often think that I need to keep working at it if I wanted to post some progress in my blog. So it is working! But even though I have lost most of my drive to read that book at the moment (I just finished another 700 page book on the basics of making websites), there are still other things I can work on. I will try to work on my drawing as well, so I can at least make concept art for whatever I create. Then there is the design of the site, storyline, characters... Yeah. I've got work to do.

Most importantly, I continue to dream, and I like to dream big. Even though I am sure this dream of mine will not lead me to make my own company and hire other people, dreaming that it will is, in itself, another great source of motivation. I work at another job, and in my spare time, I slowly try to work on this path I have currently decided on. So I encourage you all to dream big, and whatever you dream for, start working at it! You never know where it may lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment